Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a place for stuff



I was thrilled to find this antique buffet on craigslist a few weeks ago for a steal ($40). After a zillion back and forths with the seller (could I come right away, no I could not, could she hold it? no, she could not, ok, thanks anyway...and then an email the next day that it was still available, could I come right away? etc...). So we got it and did some rearranging to put it along the wall where we'd previously had a reproduction grain bin, which now fits nicely into the breakfast nook. I really like this piece. It does need some TLC, I'm going to leave the top as-is since it's in great shape and repaint the bottom a semi-gloss black to match our dining room table.
A bonus is it holds lots. Drawers for mail and catalogs and silver and napkins and linens and cabinets for bigger items. The top has become a catchall already for library books and school papers (I had to move 2 piles to take this picture). But what a thrill to get this!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Great Find!! It will look lovely with your table!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!