Tuesday, March 10, 2009

signs of spring!



I couldn't believe it when I swung the back gate open yesterday and saw this. Tulips! Lilac buds! It's still so early in March, but we've had unseasonably warm weather. Crazy. I'm trying to remember when they usually start coming up. It's so exciting! I can't say that I have big gardening plans this year, though I definitely want to plant some more perennials, and if it works out (if not this year, then next), do a co-op vegetable garden with friends. I'm anxious to see what comes back from what little I did manage to plant next year. I do have these large front flowerbeds that I hope to make a mass of color with perennials and annuals in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!