Tuesday, April 7, 2009

buttons and almond cake

The whole world is covered with buttons,
and not one of them is mine!
by Frog (or was it Toad?)


I've re-organized some of my crafting things. I sorted out my fabric stash and folded it neatly (yay!) and organized some of my bits and bobs on top of Lily's dresser (formerly Calvin's changing table). I don't have a dedicated craft room so things are here and in the coat closet and in the craft cabinet, and..everywhere really!


I love this big old fishbowl! I just got it at a yard sale for 50 cents. I can envision it full of buttons, so that's my goal! I will scour rummage sales, yard sales, and antique shops for buttons! So fun.

Over the weekend I read on angry chicken's blog about a dairy free almond cake! Since I have been dairy free for over a month, I haven't been doing much baking, boo. So when I saw this, I knew I had to try it (unfortunately, I am apparently link impaired and can't hyperlink, so it doesn't look pretty): http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2009/04/friday-cake.html I made it Sunday night (making my own almond paste, too!) and it was gooood. I could eat it every day I think, which is why I will limit myself to a once-in-awhile treat of it.

I'm working on re-stocking my etsy shop, finally! I've made a cute little item that no crafter can live without, times ten. I will post it here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!