Wednesday, June 30, 2010

and half the year is gone...

just like that!

Yesterday was my birthday.  In a nutshell, it was freaking awesome.  Rob gave me my present before he left for word--a record player and some old albums.  We've been wanting a portable record player for awhile.  These albums (plus one he got new--White Stripes) are now in a stack with old albums we'd also collected. 

So we had a low key day.  Eric had been sick but was thankfully feeling much better, so we went out and I got some paint for the Dining Room and furniture, plus I made a shelf for the bathroom.

Then we came home and the kids played on the porch.
Grace made 'four fruit sherbet'. Thank you, Martha.

Eric played with his 'new' ski boots (from Goodwill).

Dinner on the porch...then Mmmm-here's the sherbet--easy to serve from an ice cube tray.  It was soooo good, I thought I didn't like sherbet.  As it turns out, I don't like store bought sherbet, this was so easy and delicious.

My simple and delicious cake, made by Grace and Rob.

I forgot to take pictures of the bonfire in the backyard.  I hooped and we listened to the record player Rob set up in the breakfast nook.  It was perfect and lovely.  Oh, and I also 'got' a tattoo--well, not yet, but just as soon as I get down there.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of presents, Rob got me a hand carved wooden spoon (to replace the one I loved and lost at a picnic), some milk glass bowls, and a vintage cooler for our anniversary.  Plus, ferns and lavendar and native plants from my favorite garden place.  I love that guy.  And I always feel kinda lame, because he comes up with the BEST surprises, and I'm never so well prepared!

So, as a friend told me yesterday, another year older and another year better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!