Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Play and a Study in Photography

I took these pictures of Eric and Lily playing the other night and Calvin and Lily playing today.  I love their little dollhouse still lifes and how absorbed they get in play.












 I still don't know how to really use this new camera.  It's VERY intimidating to me, yet I know that when I understand it I will be able to do so much with it.  I need to learn how to shoot in manual.  Our friend who is a photographer took these pictures with it at a coffee shop. 










These five shots of Rob are so different.  I have no idea how this was done!
Couldn't I just capture what he knows and put it in my brain?  That would be sooo much easier.

2 comments:

  1. The best place to start is reading the camera's manual, cover to cover :) I learned so much that way. The book "Understanding Exposure" (I found it at the library) is great too. Lots of pictures and easy to understand. After I did those 2 things, my photos really changed and got so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Amanda, great advice! I got that book from the library and it's excellent. I'm going to have to return it soon, before I've fully read it. Oh well, I'll place another hold!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!