Friday, February 19, 2010

another one bites the dust, and a copycat pillow

I forget about wool sweaters + warm/hot water washes.  This is the third sweater I have accidentally felted.  Oops.  Thankfully it was a $3.99 Goodwill buy and I will sew it up into something (maybe a bag).
I bought this cat pillow (possibly vintage, on the right) for $1 at a farmers market linens booth and tried to 'copycat' it (on the left).  It turned out 'ok', though aside from the ears which don't look like cat ears--a bit too narrow-- I think it looks like a bunny (though the ears don't look bunny-ish either).  The other side of each of these is a print fabric.  Fun to make!  I want to make dog ones, too.

This weekend my goal is to make and tape FIVE hoops.  Maybe six.  I have sold three in a week and am having a fabulous time with my hoop group pals.  Then in 2 weeks I have a demo at a weight loss group and will be selling bunches I hope.  Hooping is so fun and addictive, I want to spread the hoopin' love to the whole wide world!!!!  Wheeeee-- I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and thank you for stopping by!